Crispy Pork Belly with Spiced Plum Sauce - Donna Hay
- 1 TABLESPOON EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- 2 TABLESPOONS SEA SALT FLAKES
- 1 X 2KG PIECE BONELESS PORK BELLY, RIND SCORED AT 1CM INTERVALS
SPICED PLUM SAUCE
- ½ CUP (90G) LIGHT BROWN SUGAR
- ½ CUP (125ML) RED WINE VINEGAR
- 4 WHOLE DRIED CHILLIES
- 2 STAR-ANISE
- 1 STICK CINNAMON
- 400G RIPE PLUMS, HALVED
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Rub the oil and salt into the pork rind. Place the pork, rind-side down, on a baking tray and roast for 1 hour. Increase the oven temperatureto 200°C (400°F), turn the pork and roast for a further 1 hour 20 minutes or until the skin is golden and crunchy.
- While the pork is roasting, make the spiced plum sauce. Place the sugar, vinegar, chillies, star-anise and cinnamon in a medium non-stick frying pan over high heat and bring to a simmer. Add the plums and cook, turning occasionally, for 8–10 minutes or until just soft and the sauce has reduced.
- Serve the pork with the spiced plum sauce.