BBQ Pork Buns - Donna Hay
- ¼ CUP (35G) SALTED PEANUTS
- 2 TABLESPOONS CRISPY SHALLOTS (ESCHALOTS)
- ¼ TEASPOON DRIED CHILLI FLAKES
- 500G CHINESE BARBECUE PORK, WARMED AND THINLY SLICED
- 2 GREEN ONIONS (SCALLIONS), THINLY SHREDDED
- 10 SMALL STEAMED CHINESE BAO BUNS+, COOKED
- ¼ CUP (60G) KECAP MANIS (SWEET SOY SAUCE)
- MICRO (BABY) BASIL, TO SERVE
- Place the peanuts, shallots and chilli flakes in a small food processor and process until finely chopped. Divide the pork and green onion between the buns, sprinkle with the peanut mixture and drizzle with kecap manis.
- Top with the basil to serve. Makes 10
+ Plain Chinese bao buns are available from supermarkets and the freezer section of Asian grocery stores.
Photography: William Meppem