A riff on the classic, this flavour-packed piccata is ready in just about 15 minutes, making it an easy weeknight dinner winner when served alongside green vegetables or buttered pasta. (Taken from Food 52 - www.food52.com)
Serves 4 to 6
Prep time: 5 min Cook time: 10 min
- 1 package Smithfield Roasted Garlic and Herb Marinated Fresh Pork Loin Filet
- Salt, plus more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1/2 cup flour, plus more as needed
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons capers
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Slice pork loin into 1/4-inch slices and lightly pound out until thin. Season pork slices with salt and pepper on both sides, and then dredge slices in flour, shaking off the excess.
- Heat 4 tablespoons butter and the olive oil in large sauté pan over medium-high heat until hot. Sauté the pork slices for 3 minutes and flip, cooking the other side for 3 minutes, making sure that each side is nicely browned.
- Remove pork to a plate and deglaze the pan with lemon juice, chicken stock, and capers, using a wooden spoon to scrape the bottom of the pan. Cook until the liquid reduces by about 1/3.
- Season with salt and pepper, and stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter to slightly thicken. Place pork on platter or plates and garnish with the lemon-caper sauce and parsley to serve.