Caramelised Lemongrass Salmon with Coconut Rice
Recipe from: https://www.donnahay.com.au
- 3 STALKS LEMONGRASS, WHITE PART ONLY, ROUGHLY CHOPPED
- 6 THAI LIME LEAVES, ROUGHLY CHOPPED
- 2 LONG GREEN CHILLIES, ROUGHLY CHOPPED
- ⅓ CUP (60G) GRATED PALM SUGAR OR LIGHT BROWN SUGAR
- 2 TABLESPOONS FISH SAUCE
- 2 TABLESPOONS LIME JUICE
- 4 X 180G SKINLESS SALMON FILLETS, PIN BONED
- CORIANDER, MINT AND THAI BASIL LEAVES, TO SERVE
- LIME WEDGES, TO SERVE
- 1½ CUPS (300G) JASMINE RICE
- 1 X 400ML CAN COCONUT MILK
- 1 CUP (250ML) WATER
- 3 THAI LIME LEAVES
- Place the lemongrass, lime leaves and chilli in a small food processor and process into a fine paste. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the lemongrass paste and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add the sugar, fish sauce and lime juice and cook for 4–5 minutes or until thickened slightly.
- To make the coconut rice, place the rice, coconut milk, water and lime leaves in a medium saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover with a tight-fitting lid and cook for 10 minutes or until just tender. Allow to stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven grill (broiler) to high. Place the salmon on an oven tray and spread with the lemongrass paste. Cook for 4–6 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- Spoon the coconut rice into serving bowls and top with the salmon. Sprinkle with the coriander, mint and basil and serve with lime wedges. Serves 4
Wine note: a trio of zesty citrus, juicy stone fruit and lemongrass informs the Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc – it’s a stunning choice for this Thai-style caramelised salmon. Photography: Chris Court