Healthy Chicken Schnitzel - Baked Not Fried!
This is one of our family's most asked for meal! It is actually so healthy as I substitute egg using Greek yoghurt and I bake it in the oven rather than fry in oil. I hope you enjoy it as much as the Forwood family does!
Chicken Breasts or Thighs - however many you want
300gm - 500gm - Fresh or store-bought breadcrumbs (gluten-free work well too)
Greek Yogurt - enough to generously cover all the chicken breasts
🍋 Lemon Zest
🧀 Parmesan (optional)
🧂 Salt & Pepper
1) Mix lemon zest, salt & pepper, and parmesan into the breadcrumbs.
2) Thoroughly cover the chicken breasts with Greek yogurt (we use @annies.sg).
3) Dip the yogurt-covered chicken breasts in the breadcrumbs.
4) Place them on a baking tray and sprinkle with sea salt and rosemary if you have any.
5) Bake for 20-30 mins at 180°C (time may vary from oven to oven, so make sure the breasts are cooked).