Korean Minced Beef and Rice Bowls
Korean Ground Beef and Rice Bowls are wonderfully simple to prepare and are sure to become a beloved family dish! It's an ideal choice for a quick weekday dinner.
- 450g pound lean minced beef
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups hot cooked white or brown rice
- sliced spring onions and sesame seeds for garnish
In a large frypan cook the minced beef and garlic breaking it into crumbles over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain the grease.
In a small bowl whisk brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, red pepper flakes and pepper. Pour over the ground beef and let simmer for another minute or two.
Serve over hot rice and garnish with spring onions and sesame seeds.