Thyme Leaves 30g - Spice & Co.
Spice & Co was established to provide PURE herbs and spices for people passionate about cooking with quality ingredients.
- Gluten Free
- Sugar Free
- Nothing artificial
- No additives, no bulking agents
- Unique 'chef' created spice mixes & rubs
Thyme is a herb native to the Mediterranean and has small intensely aromatic leaves. Thyme has flavour/aroma that combines elements of allspice, clove, mint and pepper. Thyme is a key flavour component of bouquet Garni used in stocks and soups and French dishes like pot-au-feu to impart herbal richness. Thyme is well suited to lamb - rubbed over seasoned lamb legs, cutlets, short loin chops, racks or sprinkled over lamb or beef meatballs/burgers or meat sauces/ragus.
Uses and Ideas:
- Add thyme to new potatoes and sauté in a little olive oil.
- Add thyme to a stuffing mixture for roast chicken.
- Sprinkle over foccacia with a drizzle of olive oil, top with crumbled goat cheese, diced chorizo, olives and grill.
- Use thyme when sautéing onions or button mushrooms.
- Add thyme to Mediterranean style white bean soups, gumbos or one pot dishes requiring a spike of flavour.
- Add thyme to red wine marinades for cheaper cuts of red meats like skirt steak, flank steak, rump or beef ribs.
- Add thyme to braised dishes using beef cheeks or lamb shanks with rich stocks and market fresh vegetables.