Sesame Seeds White 80g - Spice & Co.
Spice & Co was established to provide PURE herbs and spices for people passionate about cooking with quality ingredients.
- Gluten Free
- Sugar Free
- Nothing artificial
- No additives, no bulking agents
- Unique 'chef' created spice mixes & rubs.
Sesame seeds have a sweet nutty flavour which is accentuated when dry roasted or lightly toasted. Because they have a very high natural oil content they tend to colour quickly when heated - so care should be taken to avoid scorching. Sesame seeds are an ingredient in the middle east mix Zaatar and the sesame paste tahini and are used in the baking and confectionery industries in both Eastern and Western cultures. Sesame seeds yield a high ratio of sesame oil which is used extensively in Asian cooking providing a distinct aromatic nuttiness to stir-fries, salad dressings, and crumbed foods etc.
Uses and Ideas
- Add sesame seeds to fresh breadcrumbs and use to crumb seafood, chicken pieces etc. Add a small amount of sesame oil to canola oil for frying!
- Make Chinese style sesame prawn toast by spreading a mix of minced prawns, sesame oil, chopped green onion (seasoned) over finger sized pieces of bread and crumbing them in pure sesame seeds or a mix of black and white sesame seeds before quickly frying in hot oil.
- Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds over simple garden salads to add crunch.
- Use in stir-fries and to top Chinese greens.