Sage Leaves 20g - Spice & Co.
Spice & Co was established to provide PURE herbs and spices for people passionate about cooking with quality ingredients.
- Gluten Free
- Sugar Free
- Nothing artificial
- No additives, no bulking agents
- Unique 'chef' created spice mixes & rubs
Tarragon is native to Siberia and Western Asia and was introduced to Europe in the 16th century. It has an intensely fragrant aroma and a sweet basil, aniseed, liquorice, pine flavour. Tarragons' intense aroma and is often used for perfuming white wine vinegars and pickles. Tarragon is most famously used to flavour the classic French sauces Béarnaise and Tartare. Tarragon can be used to enliven simple vinaigrettes and dressings. A hint of tarragon goes particularly well with poultry, veal, seafood dishes, omelettes and white wine/cream sauces.
Uses and Ideas:
- Add Tarragon to softened butter with a dash of Dijon mustard, sea salt and white pepper - place under the skin of whole chicken for roasting - use extra for basting!
- Make a variation of Escabeche (seared and marinated fish fillets) - sear fillets in olive oil and marinate in a vinaigrette of chardonnay vinegar, lemon zest/juice, extra virgin olive oil, diced Spanish onions (flash blanched), diced (skinned) tomatoes, tarragon, sea salt, freshly ground black pepper and a pinch of cayenne (optional).
- Add Tarragon to quality mayonnaise - allow flavours to infuse - serve with boiled eggs or poached chicken.