Paprika Smoked 60g - Spice & Co.
Spice & Co was established to provide PURE herbs and spices for people passionate about cooking with quality ingredients.
- Gluten Free
- Sugar Free
- Nothing artificial
- No additives, no bulking agents
- Unique 'chef' created spice mixes & rubs.
Spice & Co. Smoked Paprika is sourced from Spain and is a naturally smoked product with a woody sweet taste. Smoked Paprika is made by drying ripened peppers (capsicum) in smokehouses fuelled with slow-burning oak wood. The smoke enhances the flavour by caramelizing the naturally present sugars. The peppers are milled to a fine powder and used to add colour/flavour to dishes. Chefs tip - as with saffron, a little goes a long way and can easily dominate a dish so less is more!
Uses and Ideas
- Add smoked paprika to Spanish paellas, Mediterranean style seafood/tomato soups and braised meat dishes.
- Add smoked paprika to marinades or combine with sweet paprika and dust over baked/sautéed potatoes.
- Smoked paprika gives a great flavour to red meat spice rubs or marinades. It is widely used in the making of chorizo sausage, in pork dishes and tapas dishes.
- Smoked paprika adds an earthy dimension to paellas, braised lentils, Italian peperonata and pasta sauces.
- Smoked paprika goes well with poultry, beef/pork ribs, caramelised onions and roast root vegetables.