Mixed Herbs 25g - Spice & Co.
Spice & Co was established to provide PURE herbs and spices for people passionate about cooking with quality ingredients.
- Gluten Free
- Sugar Free
- Nothing artificial
- No additives, no bulking agents
- Unique 'chef' created spice mixes & rubs.
Mixed Herbs have traditionally been the "convenience" food of the dried herb world. Mixed herbs are a simple, balanced mixture of dried herbs that can be added to minced (ground) meats for use in hamburgers, meatballs, meatloaves, ragus, casseroles, meat sauces (bolognaise), stews and sauces. Mixed herbs can be used as a base for creating your own home blend with the addition of mint, parsley or rosemary.
Uses and Ideas
- Use mixed herbs when making French onion soup and sprinkle a few extra herbs on the cheese croutons.
- Add to stuffing’s/seasonings for whole roast chicken.
- Rub mixed herbs into butterflied legs/shoulders of lamb with smashed garlic cloves, sliced lemon, sea salt, black pepper and olive oil before barbecuing over hot coals.
- Add mixed herbs to a scone and bread dough's or sprinkled over olive oil glazed Foccacia and pizza crusts.
- Add mixed herbs to tomato-based pasta sauces.
- Mixed herbs go well with potato gratins, sautéed new potatoes or "dusted" with chilli over fried potato wedges.