Mint Leaves 25g - Spice & Co.
Spice & Co was established to provide PURE herbs and spices for people passionate about cooking with quality ingredients.
- Gluten Free
- Sugar Free
- Nothing artificial
- No additives, no bulking agents
- Unique 'chef' created spice mixes & rubs.
Mint is native to southern Europe and is one of the most popular herbs used globally. Mint is broadly categorized as either peppermint or spearmint with dried mint being predominantly spearmint. Dried mint is intense in flavour and has a refreshing sweet taste. The concentrated flavour of dried mint is often preferred to fresh mint in dishes like Greek Keftedes (meatballs), stuffed vine leaves etc. Dried mint imparts a great taste to Labna (natural yoghurt thickened by draining off some of the liquid through cheese cloth - whilst refrigerated).
Uses and Ideas
- Use mixed herbs when making French onion soup and sprinkle a few extra herbs on the cheese croutons.
- Add to stuffing’s/seasonings for whole roast chicken.
- Rub mixed herbs into butterflied legs/shoulders of lamb with smashed garlic cloves, sliced lemon, sea salt, black pepper and olive oil before barbecuing over hot coals.
- Add mixed herbs to a scone and bread dough's or sprinkled over olive oil glazed Foccacia and pizza crusts.
- Add mixed herbs to tomato-based pasta sauces.
- Mixed herbs go well with potato gratins, sautéed new potatoes or "dusted" with chilli over fried potato wedges.