Cumin Seeds 50g - Spice & Co.
Spice & Co was established to provide PURE herbs and spices for people passionate about cooking with a quality ingredient.
Cumin is native to Egypt and is an intensely warm aromatic and balanced sweet spice. The aroma of cumin is enhanced if it is dry roasted briefly before use. Cumin is widely used in spice mixes such as Cajun, Baharat, Panch Phora, Dukkah, curry powders and masalas.
Uses and Ideas:
- Lightly toasted cumin seeds add great flavour to simple leaf salads, roast root vegetables or baked potatoes.
- Add to Tex-Mex dishes like chilli con carne or Mexican rice, fajitas, black beans soups or braised pinto beans.
- Add to brown lentil soup with tomato and eggplant.
- Add cumin to braised chickpeas with diced red capsicum
- Place toasted cumin seeds in marinades for beef ribs, pork ribs or butterflied shoulders or legs of lamb.
- Bruise toasted cumin seeds in a pestle and mortar and rub with rosemary, pepper and sea salt over lamb kebabs.
Add cumin to fresh tomato sauces. Combine warmed cumin seeds w' diced onion, chopped garlic and olive oil. Add punnet of crushed cherry tomatoes, 1 tsp tomato paste and pinch of sugar. Simmer for 3-5 minutes; serve with pasta/chicken/fish.