Crushed Chillies 60g - Spice & Co.
Spice & Co was established to provide PURE herbs and spices for people passionate about cooking with quality ingredients.
- Gluten Free
- Sugar Free
- Nothing artificial
- No additives, no bulking agents
- Unique 'chef' created spice mixes & rubs.
Chilli is one of the most commonly used spices in the world. Originally from the "Americas" it is used for adding heat to dishes. On a scale of 1 to 10 crushed chilli has a heat rating of 7(seven). Sweet dishes can also benefit from a chilli kick - place thick slices of mango or pineapple on a grill or barbecue, and sprinkle with a little brown sugar and crushed chilli.
Uses and Ideas:
- Make a simple pasta dish of Linguini with Chilli and Prawns - Cook linguini in boiling salted water until al dente - then drain. Add peeled prawns (tail on) to a hot pan with olive oil, chopped garlic, oregano or Italian Herbs and crushed chilli (to taste) - sauté until just cooked - toss in some lemon zest and spinach leaves - add the pasta - add salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle crushed chilli over homemade pizza with oregano, sliced button mushrooms, pepperoni, anchovies - and drizzle of olive oil.
- Make a red pepper and chilli jam - sauté crushed chillies, cumin seeds, mustard seeds (yellow and brown), chopped garlic, and diced red onion, red capsicum and tomatoes in a heavy based pot. Add palm sugar and fish sauce - slow simmer until a jam like consistency.