Cajun Spice Mix Louisiana 45g - Spice & Co.
Spice & Co was established to provide PURE herbs and spices for people passionate about cooking with quality ingredients.
- Gluten Free
- Sugar Free
- Nothing artificial
- No additives, no bulking agents
- Unique 'chef' created spice mixes & rubs
"Cajun" refers to the rustic cuisine of rural Louisiana that was developed by displaced French Canadians during their expulsion from British rule in the 1750's. Cajun food is characterised by simple French & Mediterranean style, one-pot style dishes. Cajun spice combines a link with the old world herbs & spices of oregano, thyme and cumin with the new world spices of paprika, pepper and chilli.
Uses and Ideas:
- Use Cajun Spice as a dry rub (or moisten with oil) on fish, chicken, prawns or steaks.
- Add to soups, vegetable, lentils or sprinkle over baked potatoes, gratins or grilled tomatoes.
- Make spiced cashews to serve with drinks. In a bowl mix 500 grams raw unsalted cashews, 1 egg white, half a cup sugar and 3 tablespoons Cajun spice mix. Mix all together and then pour onto a baking tray. Bake in a medium oven until brown. Cool and then separate mixture - add a little salt to taste. (Great also with almonds!)