Chillies Ground 60g - Spice & Co.
Spice & Co was established to provide PURE herbs and spices for people passionate about cooking with quality ingredients.
- Gluten Free
- Sugar Free
- Nothing artificial
- No additives, no bulking agents
- Unique 'chef' created spice mixes & rubs.
Chilli is one of the most commonly used spices in the world. It is used for adding heat to dishes. On a scale of 1 to 10 ground chilli has a heat rating of 7 (seven). Chillies (crushed or ground) are added to curry pastes, fragrant spice pastes, marinades, pickles, chutneys, salsa and sauces. When adding chilli to recipes, add less rather than more (as more can always be added to taste).
Uses and Ideas
- Make a chilli, soy and ginger dressing by combining finely chopped spring onion and ginger with ground chilli, sesame oil, peanut oil, dark soy sauce and palm sugar. Serve with salad leaves and grilled seafood.
- Add ground chilli to guacamole, homemade tomato sauces, Spanish style rice dishes or Mexican style black beans
- Combine ground chilli with ground cumin and dust over hot buttered corn with freshly chopped coriander (cilantro).
- Add extra ground chilli to your favourite spice mixes if you like extra heat and zing to your dishes. Use with chicken wings, hamburgers, grilled meats, poultry and seafood.
- Dust over corn chips with melted cheddar, spiced mince and chives.