Cayenne Pepper 60g - Spice & Co.
Spice & Co was established to provide PURE herbs and spices for people passionate about cooking with a quality ingredient.
Cayenne Pepper is a member of the chilli family. On a scale of 1 to 10 cayenne has an intense heat rating of 8. Use sparingly to add a kick to curries, stir-fries or any dish requiring heat. Cayenne pepper is rated hotter than Tabasco sauce. If in doubt when adding to a dish - add less, re-taste and then add more as desired.
Uses and Ideas:
- Make a gazpacho soup - add cayenne for a fiery kick - also add freshly chopped mint to temper some of the heat from the cayenne
- Add cayenne to meatballs and hamburger patties for added zing before barbequing.
- Perfect to add zing to a Bloody Mary - Tomato juice, celery stick, vodka, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and cayenne!
- Add to a simple scone mix with grated parmesan cheese and chives.
- Make your own simple hot spice rub by combining sea salt, cayenne, ground caraway and sweet paprika - Use as a sprinkle over home-cooked chunky chips or French fries, grilled meats or salt and pepper squid.
Add to gumbos, soups, casseroles or any dish requiring a kick.