Chillies Whole 20g - Spice & Co.
Spice & Co was established to provide PURE herbs and spices for people passionate about cooking with quality ingredients.
- Gluten Free
- Sugar Free
- Nothing artificial
- No additives, no bulking agents
- Unique 'chef' created spice mixes & rubs.
Chilli is one of the most commonly used spices in the world. Whole chillies should be soaked in boiling water for about 15 minutes to soften before using. Chilli has an affinity with chocolate dating back to the Aztecs and Mayans of Central America. It is regarded the Mayans concocted a frothy hot chocolate flavoured with chilli and vanilla. In small amounts the heat of the chilli helps cut through the richness of dark chocolate. On a scale of 1 to 10 ground chilli has a heat rating of 7 (seven).
Uses and Ideas:
- Add pre-soaked and drained chillies to Asian style stir-fries. The chillies will impart their heat to the dish and don’t need to be served/eaten with finished dish.
- Add to stir-fried mussels or clams with the addition of ginger, spring onions, garlic, shao hsing wine, oyster sauce, sesame oil, a touch of sugar, diced red capsicum and baby corn - Toss through basil leaves or coriander sprigs at the last moment.
- Make a smoked chilli dressing - combine pre-soaked chillies, smoked Paprika, garlic, fish sauce, sugar, olive oil and lemon zest in a blender