No Fail Bolognaise Sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 600-800g Pureblack beef mince
- 2 x 400g tinned diced tomatoes
- 50g flat pancetta
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 400g spaghetti
- parmesan, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, carrot and garlic, and cook for 4–6 minutes until softened.
- Add the beef mince and cook, breaking up any large lumps with a wooden spoon, for 8–10 minutes or until browned. Add the tomato, pancetta, thyme, rosemary, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper, and mix to combine.
- Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low, cover with a lid and cook for 30 minutes or until thickened and reduced.
- While the sauce is cooking, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 6–8 minutes or until al dente. Drain. Divide between bowls and top with the bolognaise and parmesan to serve. Serves 4.
- Preheat a char-grill pan or barbecue over low heat. Pat the brisket dry with absorbent paper and cook, fat-side down, for 6–8 minutes each side or until charred.
- Top with the barbecue sauce to serve. Serves 8–10.