Glazed Salmon With Miso And Orange
- 1½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 x 200g Akaroa salmon fillets, skin on
- 2 x bulbs baby fennel, thinly sliced
- ½ cup mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- black sesame seeds and lime wedges, to serve
- 2 tablespoons white miso paste (can be purchased from organic stores)
- 1 tablespoon organic maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- For the glaze: place the miso, maple syrup and orange juice in a small bowl and mix together.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat and cook the salmon, skin-side up, for 3–4 minutes. Turn and cook for a further 2–3 minutes or until golden and just pink in the centre. Spoon the glaze over the Akaroa salmon, turn to coat and remove from the heat.
- Use the rest of the oil, fennel, mint, orange juice, salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix to combine. Divide between the plates with the salmon and sprinkle with the sesame seeds and serve with lime wedges or brown rice. Serves 4.