Beef & Caramalised Onion Sausage Rolls
- 600g good quality beef sausages, skins removed
- ½ cup (140g) store-bought caramelised onion relish
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed and halved
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- poppy seeds, for sprinkling
- tomato relish, to serve
Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place the sausage meat, caramelised onion, tomato paste, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Divide the sausage mixture into 4 even portions and roll into sausage shapes. Place down the centre of each pastry half and brush the edges with egg.
- Roll to enclose, ensuring the seam is underneath, and place on lightly greased oven trays lined with non-stick baking paper. Brush with egg and sprinkle with the poppy seeds.
- Cook for 25 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Serve with the relish. Serves 4.
(Source Credit: Donna Hay)