Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breasts with Maple Syrup Glaze
This bacon wrapped chicken is an easy chicken dinner with only 10 minutes of prep time and a family mid week winner!
- 4 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 8 slices bacon do not use thick cut
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
FOR THE MAPLE SYRUP GLAZE
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- fresh cracked pepper, for topping, optional
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish, optional
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix together, maple syrup, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Rub half of the spice mixture all over the chicken breasts.
- Wrap each chicken breast in 2 slices of bacon. Place the chicken breasts, seam side down in a baking pan or ovenproof skillet.
- In a small bowl whisk together the maple syrup and Dijon mustard
- Brush the breasts with the maple syrup glaze.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until bacon is crisp and chicken is cooked through, basting the chicken occasionally with the pan drippings.
- Sprinkle with parsley, then serve.